A workaholic, colloquially, is a person who is addicted to work. This phrase does not always imply that the person actually enjoys their work, but rather simply feels compelled to do it. There is no generally accepted medical definition of such a condition, although some forms of stress, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder can be work-related. Although the term "workaholic" usually has a negative connotation, it is sometimes used by people wishing to express their devotion to one's career in positive terms. The "work" in question is usually associated with a paying job, but it may also refer to independent pursuits such as sports, music and art. A "workaholic" in the negative sense is popularly characterized by a neglect of family and other social relations.
Workaholism in Japan is considered a serious social problem leading to early death, often on the job, a phenomenon dubbed karōshi.

Workaholics and Burnout -Single Moms

In Western culture, it is simply caught in the hype of the fast current trends. It seems that there is not enough time to do what we wanted. Our lists are longer than our meals with our families. Sitting enjoy our families or nourish us will become a thing of the past. If we do not stop, look and listen to how we are really doing or feeling deep inside.

I am a single mother of a teenager, and I know from first-hand how about a workaholic. As a single mother brings me into a situation that super-woman. I have to cook, clean, organize, pay bills, go to work, take care of my daughter, the father absent, among other things, I suppose to do, or because of my situation, that a single dove in my career parent.

I as entrepreneurs to twelve years. I am a service-oriented businesses. My passion was to the needs of my customers and twelve years I have exactly this. What I do not plan, in the course of working life led me to burn. I was forced to work so I can live a good life for my daughter. I thought the money was easier if I worked hard and was never at home. I also worked two other jobs to make ends meet. What I found that my body can only be so long and then I got a kind of disease. This is the case with depression in me, and it seems to be the highest among lone emotional illness. I wanted to hard and the mother, could be a "do it all" and to prove to the world that I can do something! Well, that was all wrong.
The workaholic and burnout came together, and I crashed. I hated my daily life, and I hated the way to work, and I hated what I used to love to do. Personally and professionally I thought I had it done. wrong again. My focus has been on the needs of my customers and I ignored me and everyone else around me, including my daughter. It has not earned, but I felt I had no other choice in matter.

we have every opportunity, and I finally took a long look at what I was doing with my life and how it affects the lives of those around me. Yes, I would have been different, but I guess it was my time to learn that in the course of working life and burnout was a blessing. Why was it a sign of a blessing? Well, after I realized that I was more than one maker, I have that I needed break and realized I am a better person because all gone, what I did. I would like to help others, working too much, and I want them to the help they need before they feel guilty or regret some of the things that I have. My motto: "Live without remorse" .

My advice to avoid burnout is to read texts now before it happens. Look for the symbols. If you have lost your zest for life, and you are negative every day a little help. Depression has either in or you need to get help for your depressed thoughts. If you are depressed it affects others, even if you do not believe it is my only wish is that whether you are a single parent or not, of work and burnout usually go hand in hand, please do not wait Until its too late to the help you need. Stop, look, and listen to the real you on the inside. Above all, do not forget, there is a higher power, the worry enough about you that "this is so."

 

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jacqueline_A_Paulson

0 comments: