A workaholic, colloquially, is a person who is addicted to work. This phrase does not always imply that the person actually enjoys their work, but rather simply feels compelled to do it. There is no generally accepted medical definition of such a condition, although some forms of stress, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder can be work-related. Although the term "workaholic" usually has a negative connotation, it is sometimes used by people wishing to express their devotion to one's career in positive terms. The "work" in question is usually associated with a paying job, but it may also refer to independent pursuits such as sports, music and art. A "workaholic" in the negative sense is popularly characterized by a neglect of family and other social relations.
Workaholism in Japan is considered a serious social problem leading to early death, often on the job, a phenomenon dubbed karōshi.

How to Turn Your Failure Into Success

Being the goal-driven woman, which I am, not infrequently an option for me. In so many areas of my life, from the decision to go where the university to obtaining scholarships to pay for college to decide what I wanted to do for a living and where I wanted to live, the realization of my vision and the completion my goals was largely a process of deciding to do it and then actually do. My friends, occasionally, lovingly refer to me as a control-2003 eWomenNetwork conference in Dallas, I began to redefine my ideas of success and failure. She told a story of a great mistake in their lives, and how they are now thought that such an event in their lives, because the success of the lessons learned along the way.

The reframe the concept of failure and success has brought me to rethink an event in my life, my divorce in 1999, in a completely new light. For the first 3 years after the divorce, I beat myself constantly, because the marriage is not succeed. Because I did not marry with the intention to divorce - this thing was on forever. And, as I noted, over 5 years in the marriage, it was not for me, it took another 4 years to find the courage to admit defeat and ask for the divorce.

What I came to realize now in my post-divorce Had wisdom was that I am not away from the marriage, my life as I know it would be very different. More than likely, I would still try to you now my ex-spouse and stay in a job I hated to make him happy and his life in a part of the country that I no longer wanted to live in. Instead, I am now live at a place I love, have a business to do what I love, and doing it on my terms, and with a lot more fun than I had in a long while. But despite this self-realization, I had never connected the dots in terms of thinking of my failed marriage as a successful life event for me. It was only through this failure that I was able to secure the success that I now enjoy. Wow, what an eye-opening confirmation of this war! You can

How business failures into success? In 2003, I chose to participate in a major project such as an add-on to my business, and things just never jelled. Years later, when my intuition turned into overdrive, trying valiantly to convince me to throw this project, and I fought tooth and nail to ignore. My insistence on ignoring the message had to do with my definition of failure - I had worked hard on this project, since it my best shot, and the result was, I still will not happen, but I did not want to admit defeat and just walk away - I just needed to work harder! However, the reality that this project was eating all my time and energy and caused the rest of my company to suffer was a wake-up call. Despite this realization, I began to beat me up to my lack of success, until I finally just realized that it was not a good game for me, and that no matter how hard I tried, it was never a good match, and I just needed to dump and walk away.

As usual, I was up to this failure, until my business coach asked me a critical question. She wanted to know whether I have worked hard in my own company to create the contacts I have for this project. I told her that I could, but the truth was that I probably would not have worked this hard for me. It serves me to think of the successes I had with this project, and how could I use this success and forwarding my own business. With this piece in place, I was ready to let go of the project. And amazingly, I did.

What you can say "No" to do or to stop, or seemingly "not", then drive them to the next level of success? Your wise even knows the answer to that question - it's just a question of the election to hear from you, and be able to see the success in a seeming failure. Remember, there is some truth to the old saying: "When a door closes, another opens. 2006 Donna Gunter

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Donna_Gunter

0 comments: