A workaholic, colloquially, is a person who is addicted to work. This phrase does not always imply that the person actually enjoys their work, but rather simply feels compelled to do it. There is no generally accepted medical definition of such a condition, although some forms of stress, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder can be work-related. Although the term "workaholic" usually has a negative connotation, it is sometimes used by people wishing to express their devotion to one's career in positive terms. The "work" in question is usually associated with a paying job, but it may also refer to independent pursuits such as sports, music and art. A "workaholic" in the negative sense is popularly characterized by a neglect of family and other social relations.
Workaholism in Japan is considered a serious social problem leading to early death, often on the job, a phenomenon dubbed karōshi.

The Jagged Line

So much has been written and said about drawing a line between your home and family life and your business life partner. Most people would assume that you, your family from your company in order to stay disciplined to focus on your work and business.

Many people can tell you that to your family from interfering in your professional life, but the keep your business works, you must also ensure the smooth operation of your business OUT OF YOUR FAMILY LIFE.

Yes, this means that you should also personal space in home.

This is important to most of us because we have a Geteilten space between family and work. It is easy to be confused, both on lives and get mixed together. For example, your children would you asking for help with their homework, if you are in the middle of something important. Your children sick, and your customers will you use to hunt for something - this is an important? One would say that the deadline, huh? So I would - back.

But some time, I have in the House and Freelancer-for-work business for more than half a decade, and I now understand one thing - it depends on your customers when they call asking you.

If They family during the time that you have to tell them that you are a little bit later on when you work. The line between work and family time should not blurred.

Why is this so important?

Well, for one thing, if certain time for your lives, you would feel more satisfied with your work arrangements. They would not be annoyed, angry or dissatisfied with your customers, your family precious time with you! Imagine if your work takes your weekdays and weekends, too - not defeat that actually the purpose of working from home? It may also be that not working from home, if you spend more time at work (or less available to your children and family), would not you agree?

So, workaholics like me - it's best to actually draw a very clear line between work and family life - even if they same.

For me, and as an example, I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Yes, it's true, and I also have a slogan - Freelancers who are not sleep. But then again, that does not mean that I do not sleep, or I have no private life. I will answer questions and phone calls and e-mails to un-godly hours. My response is usually very fast. But I definitely have to work hours.

I work from 10.00 until 2p.m. And then 3.30pm. Up to 5.30pm. Then, after my children go to sleep, I spend a few hours' work before the mind with my children and my arms� in bed right next to my computer (my office). I tell my live-in maid that between the hours unless it is a situation of life and death, I am not to be interrupted. I will continue on my time religiously.

During weekend, I will only call, and e-mail, and not all work, unless all necessary. For most projects, they need to tell me about the things for them MONDAY, which would mean that I work on the weekend. But I think it is not in the Saturday touch and something for the entire Sunday! And for projects that the haste me to work on the weekend, I would usually charge them a "rush fee ', because I do not want to encourage my weekends for work.

This is an essential prerequisite for a good work environment for all homepreneur . believe you me, there is a happier and more effective business person.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Marsha_Maung

0 comments: